Sunday, June 5, 2011

Hunger Games Birthday

Although I was missing my favorite sister who is also my best photographer and detailer, I managed to get my son's party completed. We ran a little late, and the backdrops were slightly off center, but the food was great and the kids seemed to have a blast. "Next time" I will make my posters on the backdrops a whole lot bigger! But I think it had a good earthy dystopian urban decay feel, with lots of metal, wicker and burlap!

It's difficult to plan an appropriate birthday party for a boy who is turning 12, that can keep up with earlier awesome parties such as capture the flag, letterboxing etc. with 20 kids. I think we did it though! We were considering doing a "Minute to win it" party (maybe next year), but my son loved the book The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins, and once I read it I understood why. Definitely a pre-teen and up age level appropriateness, but we figured out rated G activities, such as "last man standing dodgeball."

Banquet Table

Closeup of banquet table

Dessert table

Closeup of cupcakes


Later I will post about the games and the crafts! May the odds be ever in your favor!

1 comment: