Monday, August 8, 2011

The Moomins {Geeky Fun}

I've recently come across this phenomenon known as The Moomins, which was originally a children's book series and comic strip by Swedish/Finnish author, Tove Jansson beginning in 1945.  These are hugely popular and beloved by many - much to my surprise, since I am a huge children's book fan and had never even heard of the Moomins until a couple of weeks ago!

The books are adorable, and eventually became a stop-motion TV show (in the spirit of Rankin/Bass, but a bit softer) and a cartoon.  The charm factor reminds me a bit of Winnie the Pooh (one of my all-time favorites).




In Finland, there is even a theme park for children called Moominworld.


Remember my Waymarking post?  Well, there is even a Waymarking Group dedicated to logging Moomin sightings!  So fun!

Have you ever heard of the Moomins?  Share your experiences in the comments, or tell me about your favorite children's books!

We have one children's book inspired printable - Pinkalicious! Maybe it's time for a Moomin inspired printable!

Best,
Krysten
Clickable Party


No comments:

Post a Comment