Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Tuesday Has a Recipe 10.12.10 {Fair Fried Dough with Maple Cream Topping}


The last two days we took our annual trip to New Hampshire to the Sandwich Fair. My mother-in-law lives and owns a business in North Sandwich, and we always go up at least for the day.

Yesterday was the 100th anniversary of the Sandwich Fair, and the first annual Skillet Throwing Contest, which my darling mother in law talked me into entering. I was able to throw the 4 pound cast iron skillet fairly straight, much to my surprise and delight, and gave it a good 33 foot toss. Nothing compared to the winner's 57 foot launch, but I was happy to have not hurt anyone!

I shared some Fried Dough with cream maple glaze with my 8 year old early in the day, and it was by far, the best fried dough I ever had! Inspired by this, I am posting a recipe for fried dough you can make at home from Meeyauw's Recipes and maple cream sauce recipe that I think would work!




For the maple cream:
Combine 1 cup pure maple syrup, 1/2 cup heavy cream and about 2 tablespoons butter in a sauce pan and bring it to a boil.

More about my eventful weekend to come, with some real party pix! WOOT!

Best,
Krysten

Where I'm hopping today!

Tuesday Tag-Along

Photobucket

6 comments:

  1. whoa! I LOVE THAT maple glaze. Yup, gonna hook up with you!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're killing me with all that yummy goodness.

    Thanks for linking up with us today on the Tuesday Train. Have a wonderful week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. that looks killer!!!
    following back!
    http://havesippywilltravel.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my, my mom used to make that for us when we were kids, looks delicious! Your newest follower from the Tuesday Tag Along!~Lisa

    I am all a twitter about life

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks so much for stopping by The House on the Corner ~ I'm following back!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh girl! I was sold when you mentioned "fried" but about died when mable followed it up! MMMM!
    (southern girl, need I say more)
    Anywho, thanks for following me & I'm following you now too! Love the recipe & thanks for sharing. Have a great Wedensday & if you need hops for wed come on by & visit the link I left.
    Melly-
    http://www.beckhamandbloom.com/p/daily-link-ups.html

    ReplyDelete